Sunday, December 07, 2008

Saturday Nights

Yes, I know I haven't been blogging so much lately. Lots of stuff happening, was in Barcelona all of last week and been busy sorting things out here in Singapore.

The past 4 Saturdays I've also been cooking for friends, and to be honest, I've been thoroughly enjoying it.

So, this is what it's been like:

1st Sat - Buttermilk chicken, corn and carrots
2nd Sat - Tacos, corn salad and guacamole
3rd Sat - Thanskgiving dinner! Really thought I wouldn't be able to pull this one off, but I did! Managed to do a 12lb roasted turkey, spicy cornbread stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, etc, etc and we had a blast
4th Sat (last night) - was all about the Spanish loot I brought back from Barcelona. So we had potato tortilla (with jamon serrano), chorizo, salchichon, olives and of course, Cava and Rioja

I really, really enjoy cooking and making friends happy with good food, good wine and great conversations.

I wish every day was a Saturday.

No comments: