I remember when I first started this blog I was thinking of a title, so I was figuring out the best way to describe it. And so I named it such, as I've always thought that life is all about journeys.
Two years ago, I embarked on one of the biggest journeys of my life - moving from Manila to Singapore. I remember how scared I was, I lived my whole life in Manila and the first few months, I must admit, were really tough and lonely. And then you start meeting people, you develop a routine, and eventually start getting familiar with your surroundings. And exactly two years later, here I am, totally at home and happy to be living in Singapore.
Now I find myself moving on to yet another journey. After six adventure-filled years, I have decided to leave the company I have worked for with much passion and dedication. It was a very difficult decision to make, especially in these trying times. People were getting laid off by the thousands. I had a job. I had the assurance of a job. And I said no to it. To some people, that'll probably be one of the most stupid things one could ever do. To me, for some weird reason, all I could see ahead of me were possibilities and opportunities.
After weighing all the pros and cons, I reached a conclusion that it was time to do something else. I'm taking a very big risk, I know, and it still really scares the hell out of me once in awhile, but what amazes me is - since I made the decision to leave, I have been receiving leads for oppportunities, both for business and employment, here and in Manila. And even though there is nothing concrete in any of these, the fact that these opportunities present themselves have allowed me to stay positive and optimistic that everything will be alright.
And I know, that two years from now, I will look back at this time - just as I look back at the time when I first moved here in Singapore - feeling scared and apprehensive, and I will think to myself, it's all good. I look forward to the ride, to living life to its fullest and taking in all the lessons I will learn from this experience. I am blessed to have a great family and a wonderful, wonderful set of friends who are all behind me, supporting me and praying for me.
P.S.
Will send all of you a note on my new contact information in the next few days. I'll continue to be based in Singapore, but will be in and out in the next few weeks - back in Manila for about a week to take care of some stuff and then going on a holiday somewhere. Need to plan that one asap. Stay tuned...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment