It's been awhile since I last updated this blog. But tonight I felt I needed to express myself. I'm feeling especially sad after I found out earlier that Natasha Richardson has passed away. She was someone who had it all - she was strikingly beautiful, was a great actress, managed to keep a happy 15-year marriage to the equally-popular (if not more) actor, Liam Neeson. But as always, just like that, all of it can come to an end.
It's been a little over a month now since I left my job. This is the first time in my life that I'm getting this kind of a break in between jobs. And I have been savoring it. Even though it's been mostly relaxed, one of the things I've managed to accomplish was to de-clutter. I spent all of last week cleaning out each and every cupboard, shelf, cabinet in my apartment - throwing out all the unnecessary and unused stuff. And when I was done, I realized, I really didn't need much.
It felt good to de-clutter. I felt it was something I needed to do so I can move forward.
This time last year, I had absolutely no idea that I will be in the position I am in now. But here I am and even though I'm aware of how bad and uncertain things are at the moment, I refuse to think negative thoughts! I refuse to think recession! Nobody has a perfect life. Each one has issues and problems we need to address on a regular basis. But we have a choice. We can choose to be happy or we can choose to be miserable in our lives. And I choose to be happy.
There have been so many lessons I've learned in my life. Here are the ones most important to me:
1. Be grateful everyday.
2. Forgive.
3. Focus on what matters - family, friends, personal relationships - including the one with the Creator. Those are what count.
4. Express your love to those that matter.
5. Live life to the full.
6. Follow your bliss.
7. Have faith.
8. Laugh.
Life is short.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment