As promised, I'm updating my blog. More than a week ago, I turned 35. And I thought I'd share with all of you some random thoughts as I turn a year older. Am officially in my mid-30s! Anyway, these are not written in any particular order. Just thought I’d share stuff that’s going on in my head.
Happy reading!
1. I’m so happy I started moisturising at a young age. It is paying off big time.
2. Reflecting on all that’s been happening in the world – planes crashing, trains colliding, big weather/climate changes, the war - there is so much unrest, I’m wondering if things will ever get better.
3. Moving to Singapore has broadened my perspective and has given me a totally different take on living.
4. My friends in Singapore, despite the fact I’ve only known them a couple of years (some of them even a few months), are my family. I don’t know how I would’ve survived without them.
5. I wish I could eat pork everyday without having to worry about how it’ll affect my thighs.
6. Living alone can be a totally liberating experience.
7. I’m in love with the moon.
8. Beer and ice cream don’t mix.
9. Never tell a guy you’re looking for something serious. He’ll be out faster than a speeding bullet EVEN IF he’s looking for the same thing.
10. I will never understand people who want to stay put and not travel the world, or at least some of it, especially people that can afford it. There’s just way too much to see!
11. I was born and raised a Catholic and will probably die a Catholic, but will never impose my religion on anyone. Religion, I believe, is about respect. For other people’s beliefs or lack thereof.
12. There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING, that a good gin and tonic can’t cure!
13. Women are stronger than men. Men should just learn to deal with it. It’s so true.
14. Money started coming easy when I held on to it with just the right grip – not too tight, not too loose.
15. People who abuse other people – sexually, physically, emotionally and in any other form - are the most evil people on earth.
16. I will marry George Clooney any day.
17. Change is the only thing constant in this world. The more open you are to change, the easier you’ll learn and the quicker you’ll cope.
18. Follow your bliss.
19. Cooking is my art form.
20. You create your own happy endings. No one else can do it for you.
21. Mothers always know best. I keep saying that and I will say it over and over again.
22. I’m more scared of hair loss/balding than grey hair.
23. I wish I wasn’t in such a hurry to grow up when I was younger. Adulthood is way overrated.
24. I love surprises.
25. I still think French is the most romantic language in the world and hope I can re-learn it one of these days.
26. I’m living proof that whatever you give comes back to you tenfold.
27. Literacy is such an under-appreciated gift.
28. Hate is such a big and powerful word I really would much rather not use.
29. People say age is just a number. But seriously at some point, you really start feeling it in your back, knees and joints!
30. Waking up with a terrible hangover is the worst feeling in the world.
31. To this day, I still have not discovered the best cure for zits.
32. To this day, I still have not discovered the best cure for cellulite.
33. If there’s one sport I wish I could play / do, it would be tennis.
34. Follow your intuition. It never fails.
35. Best advice? Be HAPPY.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment