Ah yes. We David Cook fans knew all along that he was going to be this season's American Idol. And I must say I was extremely impressed by Simon Cowell apologizing to DC before they announced the winner. A sign of a true gentleman, I must say!
Must say I very much like the song they picked out as the winning song. Lyrics are great and the melody is very catchy and suits DC's voice nicely (well, he can sing any song, according to me!).
After watching the finale tonight - yes, unfortunately I was flying so the only telecast I could catch was the 11:30pm replay! - I found myself looking for DC's American Idol audition on YouTube, just to go back to where it all started.
And that's where I'm at. Back to where it all started. Back home in Manila, feeling wonderfully happy and looking forward to a joyous occasion. In a few hours, my little sister, Janice, will be getting married to her boyfriend, Pete. And the whole family will be there to witness it.
I'm feeling excited and happy right now - mainly because I know my sister feels exactly the same way. The fact that she is about to enter into a totally new chapter of her life is something that hasn't sunk in, to me, at least. And maybe when it does, that's when it'll happen. The bittersweet tears. From happiness and sadness - happiness seeing her marry the love of her life and sadness, mainly because I know things will never be the same again for our little family of 5.
Because all of you who are reading this are dear friends, you all know what this means to me personally. And I'm ready.
Time to let go.
I’ve been waiting for my dreams
To turn into something
I could believe in
And looking for that
Magic rainbow
On the horizon
I couldn’t see it
Until I let go
Gave into love and watched all the bitterness burn
Now I’m coming alive
Body and soul
And feelin’ my world start to turn
And I’ll taste every moment
And live it out loud
I know this is the time,
This is the time
To be more than a name
Or a face in the crowd
I know this is the time
This is the time of my life
Time of my life
Holding onto things that vanished
Into the air
Left me in pieces
But now I’m rising from the ashes
Finding my wings
And all that I needed
Was there all along
Within my reach
As close as the beat of my heart
So I’ll taste every moment
And live it out loud
I know this is the time,
This is the time to be
More than a name
Or a face in the crowd
I know this is the time
This is the time of my life
Time of my life
And I’m out on the edge of forever
Ready to run
I’m keeping my feet on the ground
My arms open wide
My face to the sun
I’ll taste every moment
And live it out loud
I know this is the time,
This is the time to be
More than a name
Or a face in the crowd
I know this is the time
This is the time of my life
Time of my life
More than a name
Or a face in the crowd
This is the time
This is the time of my life.
This is the time of my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment