Yes, yes, I've been out of circulation for awhile. Just haven't found the right moment to write.
Anyway, did something wonderful last week. On Thursday, I decided to book my flights and on Friday morning I hopped on a plane to go back home. And I had a blast spending the weekend in Manila!
Because I had practically only 2 days, I really didn't have time to do much. Didn't even manage to go to the mall to do some shopping (and yes, I miss Power Plant, especially Tyler, my fave, and all the other local shops on the 2nd floor). Had a chance to meet up only with a few friends (sorry Abbey, I promise we'll meet up next time!), but as always it's nice to just sit, chat and catch up with what's going on in each other's lives.
Because it was such a spur of the moment thing, I decided that I was going to surprise my parents. The only person I told that I was coming home was my brother. So my mom and dad were literally shouting and jumping up and down when they saw me standing in front of our house. That was nice.
On top of that I managed to pull off one more surprise - showed up unannounced at Alexei and Annie's office and we ended up chatting til I was really, really late for my dinner.
Anyhow... It was a great weekend overall. Spent a wonderful time with family and friends and managed to eat all the local food I've been missing - Via Mare's pancit luglug, bibingka and puto bumbong, Lechon Cebu (yum!!!) and my mom's home-cooked meals....
Can't wait to come back home in October when my sister gives birth!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment