Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Hell week (s)

My biggest event yet is happening on Monday and Tuesday next week, and in preparation for the whole thing I've been working my butt off this week, starting with:

- Sunday night working til 3am (well, that's technically Monday)
- Last night (Monday) working til 1:30am (which was technically this morning)
- Tonight - it's 12:42am and I'm still working!!!

Thank God for broadband and wi-fi connection at home! I would've died if I had to stay this late in the office to finish all the work!

At this point, there is no sign that it will get any easier, in fact, I'm anticipating that the next few days will still pretty much be the same for me.

And next week is the worst. I will officially have an 8-day work week, starting this Sunday and ending next Sunday. Beat that!!! I will be working everyday from Sunday for 8 straight days, that includes a 3-day trip to Sri Lanka which starts on Friday. My flight is at 7am which means I have to be at the airport at 6am latest!!!

My only consolation is that I get to add another country to the list of countries I've been to. But no, working the moment I land and landing into Singapore on a Sunday afternoon is not at all fun.

Good thing my boss agreed to give me 2 days off the next Monday and Tuesday. Well, Tuesday happens to be my birthday... And I'm spending it in Singapore for the first time, away from my friends and family. :-(

But my friends here in Singapore have promised to celebrate it with me, so I'm looking forward to that.

Because there are a number of industry events happening in Singapore next week, I'm also looking forward to so many of my friends coming -

- Annie, my dear friend who is bringing me my bottles of wine and the May issue of Philippine Tatler which has me in it
- Yvette, my brother's girlfriend who is bringing all my loot from home, including my Mom's super yummy beef tapa (yipee!)
- Alan, my dear old friend since my Piltel days in the 90's (oh Lord!), whom I haven't seen in at least 7 years! And we're going to get to catch up next week!

And yes, I don't know how I'll find time to squeeze in spending time with all of them, but I'm sure I'll find a way...

In the meantime, I'm working, working, working!!!

I SO NEED A NEW BAG AFTER THIS! NO. TWO!!!

No comments: