Friday, April 04, 2008

An Ode to Tessa

When I was in Manila on Easter weekend, I was informed by my dear, dear friend Ara that her younger sister, Tessa, had breast cancer. I was stunned. She was 30 years old, a new mother with a 2-year old daughter, and had her whole life ahead of her.

Instead of being sad and depressed about it though, Tessa and her entire family - her husband, parents, siblings, even her 2-year old daughter - are dealing with it head on and with the most positive attitude I've ever seen.

So to you, my dear Tessa -

I pray that you continue to be positive and strong throughout these challenging times. You are very blessed - you are surrounded by people who love you and support you. You are a brave woman and I'm very proud of you! I believe in my heart that you will pull through this.

Mother Mary has her arms around you and is embracing you, my dear.

I also remember my dear friends Cynthia and Tess who, as I write this, are also fighting breast cancer. And, like Tessa, THEY WILL WIN.

P.S. Yes, I realize this isn't exactly an ode. Best I could do. ;-)

1 comment:

tess said...

hi girly...love reading your blog.
feeling ko your not far away from home knowing all your activities but i suddenly miss u and hope i can taste your adobo...sensya na PG kasi me...hehehe...looking forward reading more :-)