Tuesday, April 08, 2008

On board the Singapore Flyer...

I have two cousins who are visiting from Manila and last night my other cousin (who is based here as well) and I took them to the latest tourist attraction in Singapore - the Singapore Flyer. The Singapore Flyer is a giant observation wheel that provides super nice views of the entire Singapore. They say you can view Malaysia and Indonesia from up there, but somehow, I couldn't see it. Maybe it was just me. ;-)



Anyway, each capsule can accommodate up to 28 people and they do things like cocktails and corporate events so it's a nice, unique way to do something. We were on it at 7pm (in Singapore it does not get dark til around 7:20) so we got the best of both worlds by getting both daytime and nighttime views. And I must say, the view was SPECTACULAR. Of course, my palms were still sweating during the entire 30-min ride (I'm scared of heights!), but it was all worth it. Ticket prices - S$29.50 for adults, S$20.65 for children. If you can afford it and want to rent your own capsule, you can do so for S$1,000. More information can be found at http://www.singaporeflyer.com.sg/.

Will post photos from my camera on my next entry.

It was an exhilarating ride which got us really hungry. So off we went to Jumbo Seafood at the East Coast Seafood Plaza for some chili crabs... Yum!!!

No comments: